Spark your elementary schoolers’ love of learning by teaching them about caves and the animals who live in them. Continue to build their knowledge and love of Colorado caves with an age-appropriate curriculum guaranteed to get them excited about an undiscovered world hiding right under their feet!
This program for early learners includes:
- Bat presentation
- Geology lab in our underground laboratory
- Age-appropriate tour of the cave, inside Temple Mountain!
- Add fun and educational activities to your basic package
- Visit our Field Trip FAQs for more details
If, after the 90 minute field trip, your budding scientists want more time, we have fun and educational add-on experiences to make the field trip even more memorable.
- Gemstone Panning: Just like miners used to pan for gold during the gold rush, your students will pan for their very own gemstone collection at our Sluice. Everyone is guaranteed to find some! Each student will receive a souvenir bag to take their collection home in. Gemstone Panning is only available March – October due to colder temperatures.
- Magic Lantern Virtual Reality Theatre: Your students can experience virtual reality where up to 12 people are strapped into a roller coaster type car and given headsets. They will then be sent on one various trips like a roller coaster flying through space, caves, and more. (Everyone must be at least 42″ tall to participate)
These FREE add-ons are included upon request or with groups of 100 or more!
Please add approximately 20 minutes for each add-on.
- Caver’s Crawl: After learning some of the skills that are required for a caving adventure, students will have a hands-on simulated caving experience in the Caver’s Crawl Box Challenge.
- Forces of Nature Program: This program will focus on the Waldo Canyon fire, flash floods, lightning and their effects on nature.
March–May & September–October:
- Students: $8.00 (tour only)
- Chaperone: $15.00 (tour only)
- Additional Children 0-5 years old: $8.00 (tour only)
- Gemstone Panning: $3.00 per student
- Magic Lantern Virtual Reality Theatre: $3.00 per student
- Gemstone Panning & Magic Lantern Virtual Reality Theatre: $5.00 per student
- Please note: Groups of fewer than 15 will pay a flat fee of $127.00 (tour only)
- One teacher or chaperone free with every 15 paid students (tour only)
- Students: $6.00
- Chaperone: $13.00
- Additional Children 0-5 years old: $6.00
- Please note: Groups of fewer than 15 will pay a flat fee of $97.00 (tour only)