Introduce your preschoolers and early elementary school-aged kids to an exciting and age appropriate cave curriculum, full of hands-on learning. Watch your kiddos come alive with excitement as they learn about bats and explore the perfect caves for their age group!
This introductory program includes:
- Bat presentation
- Geology lab in our underground laboratory
- Age-appropriate tour of the cave, inside Temple Mountain!
- Visit our Field Trip FAQs for more details
Make your field trip to Cave of the Winds Mountain Park more educational and more memorable when you add-on our special activities to keep your students busy and learning!
- Gemstone Panning: Just like miners used to pan for gold during the gold rush, your students will pan for their very own gemstone collection at our Sluice. Everyone is guaranteed to find some! Each student will receive a souvenir bag to take their collection home in. Gemstone Panning is only available March – October due to colder temperatures.
- Time Freak Challenge: Your students can test their speed, agility, and team spirit. Two teams of 2 to 4 students will pair off to see how many pop-on lights each team can tap-out. Highest score wins! Available all year.
These FREE add-ons are included upon request or with groups of 100 or more!
Please add approximately 20 minutes for each add-on.
- Caver’s Crawl: After learning some of the skills that are required for a caving adventure, students will have a hands-on simulated caving experience in the Caver’s Crawl Box Challenge.
- Forces of Nature Program: This program will focus on the Waldo Canyon fire, flash floods, lightning and their effects on nature.
March–May & September–October:
- Students: $7.00 (tour only)
- Chaperone: $15.00 (tour only)
- Gemstone Panning & Time Freak: $3.00 per student
- Please note: Groups of fewer than 15 will pay a flat fee of $113.00 (tour only)
- One teacher or chaperone free with every 15 paid students (tour only)
- Students: $5.00
- Chaperone: $13.00
- Time Freak: $1.00 per student
- Please note: Groups of fewer than 15 will pay a flat fee of $83.00 (tour only)